Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Benson

This past spring my brother Benson underwent more treatments and operations with regards to his cancer.  I have wanted to document his experience in the past but never made the time to do so, I am glad I did.  It was an enriching experience for me.  I wrote a medical sketch detailing his eight year fight with a spinal cord tumor and photographed his most recent operations and recovery.  I have posted the photographs...





blood transfusion after a surgery


wound vac used to both clean out open wound and to provide nutrients to surrounding tissue


recovery: unable to turn head due to fusion of vertebrae (fusion took place in 2005) 



Actual rods and screws (and other hardware) that were attached to Ben's vertebrae at time of fusion.
They were removed due to infection this past spring. 



antibiotics 



No comments:

Post a Comment